Wade Carlson, City Treasurer
Andrew Falkenberg, Deputy Treasurer
What you can do at the City Treasurer's office:
- Pay water/sewer bills
- Start or stop water service
- Pay current property tax bills
- Pay delinquent personal property (business equipment) taxes
- Pay miscellaneous invoices due the city
- Buy Metro Transit passes
- Obtain city tax certificate in order to record deeds and land contracts
The City Treasurer Division is responsible for the collection, deposit and investment of monies due to the city and the management and prudent investment of idle funds. bus passes may also be purchased in this office.
To pay city bills ONLINE, click here.
Click here for a Guide to Property Taxes (.pdf)
Click here for information on understanding taxable value in a declining market (.pdf)
Apply for Tax Reduction due to Financial Hardship (.pdf)
View Property Tax Information.
Property Tax Estimator (.xlsx)
State of Michigan Property-Related Forms Available Below:
Summer Tax Deferment (.pdf)
Principal Residence Exemption (.pdf)
Property Transfer Affidavit (.pdf)