EGLE Comment Period on Permit and Enforcement for Graphic Packaging
Published on September 19, 2023
This information is provided by EGLE in the document New Source Review Permits Open for Comment:
EGLE is holding a public comment period on a proposed air permit and enforcement action regarding Graphic Packaging International, LLC from August 31, to October 31, 2023, with a virtual public hearing on October 5.
- The company is requesting changes to existing PTI No. 133-19A for a paperboard machine project including adding a continuous emission monitoring system (CEMS) to several boilers; modifying the allowed oxides of nitrogen (NOX) emission limits, removing old equipment, and correcting the capacity of fuel burning equipment.
- The proposed enforcement action is to address emission limits and equipment installation violations.
If you are interested, follow this link to attend the virtual hearing on October 5, 2023, at 6 p.m. An opportunity to get information and ask questions will be held prior to the virtual hearing. If you would like to call in to the meeting, dial 636-651-3142, and use conference code 374288.
To learn more about the public hearing process, view the “Public Hearings - What You Should Know” document. To tell EGLE what you think, you may click the “Submit Comment” button below or submit your comment in a variety of other ways.
Interested individuals may provide verbal comments during a public hearing. However, this is not the only way to tell EGLE what you think. Official comments may be submitted in a variety of ways:
- E-mail your comment using the “Submit Comment” link above or by sending it to EGLE-AQD-PTIPublicComments@Michigan.gov. Before submitting a comment ensure the e-mail message looks similar to this e-mail example. Its appearance may vary depending on which e-mail program you use.
- Mail your comment to Michigan Department of the Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE), Air Quality Division, Permit Section, P.O. Box 30260, Lansing, Michigan 48909-7760.
- Leave EGLE a voicemail comment by calling 517-284-0900.
- At a public hearing, if held (in person or virtual).