Place all plastic, metal, and paper recyclables loosely in your cart. Please do not bag or box items.
Make sure all items are empty, clean, and dry!
It's O.K. to leave the labels and lids on containers.
- Tin, steel, and aluminum cans and lids
- Clean aluminum foil. Please collect it into a ball instead of recycling small pieces.
- Plastic drink bottles (pop, water, etc.)
- Food and household bottles and jars (ketchup, laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.)
- Plastic tubs and lids (yogurt, margarine, etc.)
- Glass food jars and bottles (pasta sauce, wine bottles, pickles, etc.)
- Magazines, newspapers, and envelopes
- Wrapping paper without glitter or foil
- Paper with staples or clips
- Non-refrigerated paperboard or boxboard (tissue boxes, cereal boxes, etc.)
- Wire hangers
- Scrap metal, screws, or nails
- Needles or syringes
- Glass for cooking and heat resistant glass (like Pyrex and canning jars)
- Light bulbs
- Refrigerated and wax-coated paperboard (orange juice or milk cartons, some frozen food boxes, etc.)
- Paper towels, tissues, napkins, or plates (even if they haven't been used)
- Cash register receipts
- Plastic grocery bags (you can recycle these at many big box stores)
- Any paper or cardboard with oil or food residue
- Glass broken into small pieces
- Styrofoam or EPS foam
If you have a question about something that isn't listed, you can look it up using the Recycle Coach app! Just search for "Recycle Coach" in your device's app store, or you can use the plug in online at www.kalamazoocity.org/recyclecoach.