The Assessor's Office is responsible for performing and maintaining property assessments for the equitable distribution of the property tax burden under the current law. The office compiles special assessment rolls, administers the Board of Review and maintains ownership records for the City of Kalamazoo for both real and personal property. The Assessing office also maintains property descriptions and maps for taxing purposes and provides the City Treasurer with taxable value on all City properties, which are used to produce annual tax bills.
The City Assessor's Office can provide verification of assessment information. For tax billing information, please contact the City Treasurer's Office at (269) 337-8036, and for zoning information, please contact Planning & Zoning at (269) 337-8044.
The City of Kalamazoo provides an online database of property information (hosted by BS&A Software) that is a representation of the City's assessment and tax records. The database includes assessed value, market value, year built, square footage, legal description, land parcel size, and previous owners for properties in Kalamazoo. The database is searchable by property address, parcel number, or owner's name. The information is generally current, but users may wish to verify the information with the public primary sources. The City of Kalamazoo assumes no liability for the information contained on this site.
Historic Property Record Cards
HISTORIC PROPERTY RECORD CARDS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
You can search through historic property record cards here by entering parcel number, street number, street name, zip code, or map number into the "search keyword" field. If you are searching for a specific address, make sure to change the "Search by:" drop-down field from "Any words" to "Exact phrase". This will limit the results to just the exact phrase typed in the search field.
Assessment Information & Reports
- Property Tax Estimator
- pdf A Guide to Your Property Taxes (79 KB)
- pdf Understanding Taxable Value in a Declining Market (131 KB)
- pdf FAQ Property Tax Assessments for Residential Homeowners (70 KB)
- Michigan Taxpayer's Guide (and other legislative publications)
- Michigan Property Tax Video
- pdf Residential Sales Listing for 2020 Assessments (1.04 MB)
- pdf Commercial and Industrial Sales Listing for 2020 Assessments (102 KB)
- pdf Vacant Land Sales for 2020 Assessments (76 KB)
- pdf 2020 Assessment Neighborhood map (2.98 MB)
- pdf Exempt Properties and Special Taxation District Properties (2.50 MB)
Property tax forms
- pdf Application for Reduction in Property Taxes, City of Kalamazoo (Hardship Application and Information) (85 KB)
- pdf Application for Exemption from Property Taxes (City of Kalamazoo) (115 KB)
- pdf Form to Combine Parcels (City of Kalamazoo) (103 KB)
- pdf Land Division Application (City of Kalamazoo) (166 KB)
- Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes (State of Michigan, 471)
- Property Transfer Affidavit (State of Michigan, 2766)
- Principal Residence Exemption Forms
- Personal Property Reporting Forms