• Frequently Asked Questions

    Answers to commonly received questions will be published below. If you have a question you would like answered or have questions about interpreting the information provided on this site, please let us know by emailing hello@kalamazoocity.org.
  • How do I file a complaint or commendation regarding an officer?


    In person:
    At KDPS Headquarters (150 E Crosstown Pkwy) or with any supervisor at a KDPS station

    By phone:
    Shift Commander’s Office (269) 337-8140
    Office of Professional Standards (269) 337-8270

    By mail or email:
    Complete a PDF form and email it to professionalstandard@kalamazoocity.org or mail the completed form to:

    Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety
    Office of Professional Standards
    150 E Crosstown Pkwy, Suite A
    Kalamazoo, MI 49001
  • Questions about the North Street fire that occurred on June 2 and the status of damaged properties

    Information about the North Street fire that occurred on June 2 is available in the summary memo below. The memo covers the fire investigation, outreach to affected property owners, considerations for demolishing a damaged structure, and status of rebuilding on these properties.

    North Street Fire Memo
    DHS Field Guide Excerpt 1
    DHS Field Guide Excerpt 2
  • 1

City of Kalamazoo

Home to the Kalamazoo Promise, three institutions of higher education, two nationally recognized healthcare systems, cutting-edge medical research, world-class brewing and dining, outstanding parks, and an extensive variety of music, art, theatre, and cultural attractions.


 (269) 337-8000
 (269) 337-8182
 241 West South Street
     Kalamazoo, MI 49007

Keep in Touch