June Jubilee, the official kick-off to summer in Kalamazoo, is quickly approaching. Head downtown June 2-4 for a wide variety of events for everyone to enjoy including the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Fair in Bronson Park, Art on the Mall, Art Hop, Animotion Festival, the Do-Dah Parade, and much more!
In order to keep downtown as safe as possible for all participants attending the events, road closures are necessary. Please see the following list of closures, and contact the event organizer if you have any questions.
South Street- Closed from Park St. to Farmer’s Alley
- Friday, June 2: South Street will be closed beginning at 7:00 a.m. to accommodate Art on the Mall, organized by the Kalamazoo Arts Council.
- Saturday, June 3: South Street will remain closed through 5:00 p.m. to accommodate the KIArts Fair in Bronson Park, organized by the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts.
- South St. from Park St. to Rose St. will reopen to traffic at 5:00 p.m.
- South St. from Rose St. to Farmer’s Alley will reopen to traffic at 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4: South Street from Park St. to Rose St. will be closed between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to accommodate an event being held by the First Presbyterian Church.
PLEASE NOTE: Access to Peregrine Towers and the Miller Canfield parking structures will be maintained. Signs will indicate what portion of the road is open for parking structure access only- no street parking will be permitted. From South St, there will be a right (north) turn only onto Rose St.
Kalamazoo Mall – Closed from Kalamazoo Avenue to Lovell St
- Friday, June 2: The Kalamazoo Mall will be closed beginning at 7:00 a.m. to accommodate Art on the Mall, organized by the Kalamazoo Arts Council.
- Saturday, June 3: The Kalamazoo Mall will remain closed through 7:00 p.m. to accommodate Art on the Mall, organized by the Kalamazoo Arts Council.
Do Dah Parade
- Saturday, June 3: The following road closures will be in effect between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. for staging the Do Dah Parade, organized by Kalamazoo Experiential Learning Center: Portage Road between Lovell and the Portage-Pitcher Connector, Jasper Street between Lovell and Walnut, Lovell Street between Portage and Pitcher.
- The Do Dah Parade Route is the same as previous years and is as follows: starting at the intersection of Portage and Lovell, West on Lovell, North on Park, East on W. Michigan, South on Portage to Lovell.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts – Carianne Zomonski (269) 349-7775
Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo – Beth McCann (269) 342-5059
Kalamazoo Experiential Learning Center – Deb Droppers (269) 388-2830
First Presbyterian Church – Brian Nederveld (269) 344-0119
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to celebrating the arrival of summer in Downtown Kalamazoo!