City Commission Seeks Applicants for Vacant Commission Seat

The Kalamazoo City Commission is seeking applicants for appointment to the City Commission to fill the seat vacated by Shannon Sykes. The Kalamazoo City Charter requires that the City Commission fill the position by appointing a qualified person within 30 days of the position becoming vacant.

To be appointed to the City Commission, a person must be a U.S. citizen, must be 18 years of age or older, and must be a resident of the City of Kalamazoo at the time their application is filed with the City Clerk.

To be considered for appointment, interested citizens must submit a pdf Board and Commission Application (94 KB)  form and a letter of interest to the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 30, 2019. The application form is available in the City Clerk's Office and on the City’s website pdf here (94 KB) . Completed forms and letters of interest may be submitted to the City Clerk in the following ways:

Fax:   (269) 337-8494


U.S. Mail and in person:

Scott Borling, City Clerk
241 W. South Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49007

For further information, citizens should contact the City Clerk at (269) 337-8792.


City of Kalamazoo

Home to the Kalamazoo Promise, three institutions of higher education, two nationally recognized healthcare systems, cutting-edge medical research, world-class brewing and dining, outstanding parks, and an extensive variety of music, art, theatre, and cultural attractions.

 (269) 337-8000
 (269) 337-8182
 241 West South Street
     Kalamazoo, MI 49007

Keep in Touch