Social Media Policy
The City of Kalamazoo social media pages, as limited public forums, are not intended to replace information and features found at www.kalamazoocity.org. The purpose of these pages is to present items of public interest for City of Kalamazoo residents, businesses, and visitors. Because these are limited public forums, the City of Kalamazoo reserves the right to edit or remove content based on the criteria listed below.
- Partisan political views or views of a political organization;
- Profane language or content;
- Information that is clearly off topic;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a copyright, trademark or other legal ownership interest of any other party
- Disparaging personal remarks or acrimony towards another person The City of Kalamazoo reserves the right to block or delete offenders of this policy.
Please do not include any personally identifiable information in the body of your comment(s) on social media pages. If you do voluntarily include personally identifiable information your comment may be removed. If your comment is posted, the City of Kalamazoo holds no liability in the release of this information. The City of Kalamazoo will make all best efforts to remove any posts that contain personally identifiable information posted on official social media pages. The City of Kalamazoo pages are managed by staff during regular business hours. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends may not be read by staff members until the following business day.
Please note that the content posted by friends and users of these pages do not reflect the opinions and positions of the City of Kalamazoo or its employees.