All eligible voters in the City of Kalamazoo are encouraged to vote in every election! You can register to vote online, in person, or by mail.
To be eligible to register to vote you must be:
- A Michigan resident (at the time you register)
- A resident of the City of Kalamazoo for at least 30 days (when you vote)
- A United States citizen
- At least 18 years of age (when you vote)
- Not currently serving a sentence in jail or prison (after completing a sentence you can participate in elections without restriction)
If you're not sure if you're registered, you can check online at the Michigan Voter Information Center.
Within 14 days before an election, all applications must be submitted to the Kalamazoo City Clerk's Office in person, and you must provide proof of where you live. Documents must have your name and address (you can also show a digital copy). Acceptable documents include:
- Michigan driver's license or state ID
- Current utility bill
- Bank statement
- Paycheck or government check
- Other government documents