Medical Marihuana Facility Applications
The City of Kalamazoo is not accepting applications for Medical Marihuana Facility Permits at this time. It has not been determined when another open application period will be offered.
On Monday, July 15, 2019 the Kalamazoo City Commission adopted amendments to Chapter 20B, “Medical Marihuana Facilities.” The amendments include changes to align the MMF ordinance with state law and language that allows for the extension of Provisional Approval Certificates under certain circumstances. As a result of the adoption of this ordinance, all Provisional Approval Certificates issued prior to January 1, 2019 have been extended for an additional year.pdf Medical Marihuana Faciltiy Permit Applicants and Status (41 KB)
On August 3, 2018 the City Clerk conducted a lottery to select one Provisioning Center applicant from each of the four lottery clusters, and selected applicants were awarded Provisional Approval Certificates. Under the Administrative Rules for the City’s MMF Permit process, the City has maintained the lottery results for the past year and has used the results to award “additional” Certificates in cases where Certificates awarded through the lottery have been cancelled or voided or applications were withdrawn. Those results have now expired and will not be used anymore. No new Certificates will be awarded to businesses who submitted applications in 2018.
- Ordinance to Add Chapter 20B "Medical Marihuana Facilities" to the City of Kalamazoo Code of Ordinances (adopeted July 15, 2019)
- Ordinance to Amend Section 4.3 Addressing Medical Marijuana as a Home Occupation
- Ordinance to Amend Sections 4.1, 4.2, 12.3 Regarding the Location of Medical Marihuana Facilities
- Medical Marihuana Zoning Map, Provisioning Centers/Dispensaries
- Medical Marihuana Zoning Map, Grower/Processor
- Medical Marihuana Zoning Map, Safety/Transporter
- Resolution 18-34, Fees for Medical Marihuana Facility Operating Permits